Friday, October 12, 2012

News from the kiln front!

           The kiln is almost here! It will arrive at my studio on Tuesday, most likely in the afternoon. Wow! The past month or so has been strange for me. While I've known the kiln was going to arrive at some point, I've had a hard time believing that one of these days soon, I'll be able to wake up in the morning to a cooling kiln with all sorts of exciting things inside. This has made it surprisingly difficult for me to get up every morning and make work. I don't mean nothing is happening, but that it's happening at odd times. Sometimes I work in the morning, sometimes I don't get started until 1 pm, sometimes I work in the middle of the night.
            Having the flexibility to do that is nice, but maybe now that I know when the kiln will actually arrive I'll have a better motivation to 'go to work' in the morning. You see, the morning is my best time of day. It doesn't seem like it before I've had something to eat, but once I engage my brain I do my best work right away.
            I'm very excited that the kiln will be getting here so soon. I will take pictures when it arrives so that you can see. Here's hoping it won't rain on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment