Monday, June 25, 2012

Sculpture on the Green reception

            The opening reception of Sculpture on the Green at the Meeting House Gallery was on Friday night. There were lots and lots of people; thank you everyone for coming! It was exciting to see so many people interested in the show. If you are one of the people who weren't able to come to the reception, the show is still open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11 - 4, until July 8th. I won't be there, but my art will!
            I also enjoyed meeting other sculptors. My work is the only piece using clay in the show; everything else was metal, wood, found objects, etc. I love to see art made with other media, because I feel that the different techniques used and the qualities of various materials can inform my ideas and use of clay. Clay is great for imitating or implying other materials; that is one of the strengths of the medium.
            And now for the part you are all waiting for - the pictures! Lots of people in the gallery:



            People looking at my piece - many people wanted to look up close to see all the details:


            This fellow is from the New Marlborough newspaper, and he took pictures of my work. Maybe I will become famous in New Marlborough! Or at least be mentioned in the newspaper; that would be exciting.


            All in all, it was a wonderful evening. It was fun to see people engaging with my work and talking about it among themselves. It was fun to talk with them about it, too! I often am nervous to start conversations in a crowd of people I don't know, but when I am asked about my work I have plenty to say.
            You can expect more pictures here over the next few days, both of my work and that of the other sculptors in the show. I won't say what days I expect to have new posts; it seems that when I specify a particular day I somehow never manage to post on that day, but usually the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment